Where, what and who......

My photo
Chiswick and Balham, London, United Kingdom

Wednesday 30 March 2011

New York, New York


At the end of February, I had five amazing days of 'research' in New York. It really is my favourite city in the world and in terms of bars and restaurants, I find it very inspirational and always come back to London full of ideas and energy.

This time I came back inspired to make some changes to Sam’s (time for a refurb) but also with some great food and drink ideas for both restaurants. I'm now determined to crack on and find a third site for something new and exciting!

I went to too many restaurants and bars to name them all, so I thought I would give you my top five. If anyone wants more info on my favourite places and a full list then I am very happy to share them with you...


New York Top Five, February 2011

· The Fat Radish (Orchard St): Recently opened by English and ex Rick Stein chef Ben Towil. Seriously good food and fun vibe - www.thefatradishnyc.com

· The Breslin Bar & Dining Room (Ace Hotel West 29th St): Same people behind The Spotted Pig but I think I enjoyed it more. I had the most amazing lamb burger - www.thebreslin.com

· Pulino’s Bar & Pizzeria (Bowery): Keith McNally’s pizza place. The pizza is to die for and pretty mean cocktails as well. When you think New York buzz………this place has it in bucket loads! http://www.pulinosny.com/

· Cookshop (10th Street): Think we had my favourite food of the trip here. A lot of New York restaurants are great but their menus can be a bit unoriginal. These guys really have their own style - love it! www.cookshopny.com



. Fatty Johnsons (Carmine St): This fantastic burger/ bar joint is from the team that did Fatty Crab. Great buzz and had a very amusing late night here - http://www.fattyjohnsons.com/


So that was my top five restaurants of this trip and I didn’t even mention any bars! Here are some places for pre and post dinner drinks...


Bars

· Weather Up (Duane St): Great bar to get to late at night in Tribeca - brilliant service and very unique cocktails



· Hotel Griffou (West 9th St): We had fantastic pre-dinner cocktails here - two martinis and you know about it! http://www.griffou.com/

· Death & Company (East 6th St): Super cool and lots of fun - http://www.deathandcompany.com/


I think one of the best things about New York is just to get out there and pound the streets... it won't be long before you find another super cool place to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment